Friday, August 3, 2012

Tools in my Belt

Even though I didn't get a post up yesterday I still did something.  Be sure to check out my About Amy page.  It may need a few tweaks here and there once I have a chance to sit down at home and work on it but for the most part it's good to go.

Wednesday when I did my first ever Weight Loss Wednesday post I mentioned the awesome online weight loss community Sparkpeople.  I wanted to take some time today to tell you a little bit more about why it's awesome.

First, it's free.  Yea, that's right FREE!  It doesn't get much better than that.

Next on the reasons why Sparkpeople is awesome would have to be the support.  If you are looking for support and become active on a team or by just reaching out to members you will find it here!  I've made two friends that I would now consider "real life" friends even though we have never met yet.  We support each other on more than just weight loss now but everything.  I am so grateful to Spark for bringing these two lovely ladies into my life.  One of them being Lex!

Another reason Sparkpeople is awesome is the trackers for both food and activity.  When you sign up for Spark you answers some questions which help generate your nutrition ranges (calories, protein, carbs, etc.).  Tracking your nutrition and activity can help find flaws in what you're doing that is hurting your progress instead of helping.  It also helps when you can really see the minutes you spend on fitness.  There are many benefits to tracking so when Spark makes it so easy to do it's a definite plus.

Not only does Spark offer a community to reach out to for support and the trackers but it has a wealth of articles so you can educate yourself!  Some topics are learning what to look for on nutrition lables, how to make goals, and explanations on what something is (like Pilates, Yoga, etc).  Educating yourself about how to lead a healthier lifestyle will help you make those changes that will last you a lifetime.

I highly suggest checking Sparkpeople out.  If you check it out and decide to join but then after using it for a while decide it's not for you then it's no sweat off your back as it was free to sign up and it's easy to deactivate your account.  You can always come back to it too because IT'S FREE!  Can you tell how impressed I am that Spark is free?

Spark is just one of the tools in my belt to help me along my weight loss journey.  I cannot say enough good things about it, obviously.

2 comments:

  1. I love sparkpeople... except i struggle to balance checking it regularly with obsessively checking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I am either using it 24/7 or hardly at all. Finding balance with it is key.

      Delete