1. I am a bridesmaid in my best friend Chelsea's upcoming wedding on September 30th. We are wearing brown "slouchy" cowboy boots with short red dresses.
2. September 14th through the 17th I will be in Joliet, IL at Chicagoland Speedway for my 4th NASCAR race where I will be able to meet my favorite driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. (!!!)
3. I was a member of 4-H and showed dairy cattle at the Wisconsin Valley Fair for 4 years.
4. I drink raw cow's milk 99% of the time. Rarely will I drink milk from a store.
5. I needed to have a baby tooth pulled when I was 18 in order to have an implant put in because I lacked an adult tooth. I also do not have wisdom teeth, or my bottom 12-year-old molars.
6. I am completing a summer internship for 3 credits that will allow me to graduate in December of 2012 (4 months!!).
7. I played softball from 2004 until 2009 (I think). I ended my high school softball career as the starting varsity pitcher.
8. I am an animal lover. I am both a dog and cat person as well as other furry animals.
9. I got to look at puppies on my 21st birthday (2011). It was also the day that we picked Bo out from a litter of 9.
10. I absolutely love my Kindle that I received as a birthday gift from my parents for my 21st birthday. I have over 100 items in my "read" folder since receiving it just over a year ago. I love to read period though so I still read actual books in addition to what I download to my Kindle.
11. This was hard for me to do! I want the facts to be interesting but struggle to come up with what I think people would find interesting. Maybe I need to do some more reflecting on myself so the next time I need to come up with facts about myself it won't be so hard to do?
Laurie's questions to me:
1. What is your favorite Olympic event to watch? I enjoy watching gymnastics and swimming. Prior to this year's summer Olympics I LOVED to watch softball but as many of you know they removed softball from the summer Olympics. Don't even get me started on the "sports" that are part of the Olympics instead of softball.
2. What event would you participate in if you had unlimited talent? If softball were still an option I would definitely want to be a Team USA softball team member. Of the current events I think I would participate in gymnastics, swimming, or diving.
3. What is your favorite quote? I have two favorite quotes. "Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." ~ Lane Frost (10/12/63 - 7/30/89) and "You've got to really want it all the way to the end... If you runt oo hard you lose interest or you lose focus and you've had enough before it's over. You've got to pace yourself so that the entire season is just as important from start to finish." ~ Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. What is your favorite way to work out? With someone! Chelsea and I were working out regularly together during the Spring semester. It was great to have someone to hold me accountable to getting to the gym and someone to talk to while working out.
5. Have you seen The Dark Knight Rises, and is it not the best movie ever? <– I really want to know if you feel this way I have not seen the movie. Fun fact though, Dale Jr. won his first race in 4 years with a paint scheme with The Dark Knight Rises on his car.
6. Best movie you’ve seen recently? This Means War is at the top of my list. It has some great lines in it and it was enjoyable beginning to end.
7. What is your favorite memory? I have a few but I'm going to go with helping my softball team in high school win its first game in over 2 years by hitting a triple but being awarded home plate because the opposing team threw the ball into the 3rd base line dugout.
8. What are you currently reading? Pretty Little Liars, book #1 in the series. The ABC Family show is based on the books by Sara Shepard.
9. If you are married, what were your wedding colors, and if you aren’t — what colors do you think they will be? I imagine my wedding colors would include red as it is my favorite color. Possibly other fall colors. Haven't really thought much about it.
10. Favorite movie trilogy? Honestly, I don't think I have a favorite movie trilogy. I can't seem to think of any movies I've seen that are a trilogy. Is that bad? I am looking forward to the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy being made into movies even though I was kind of disappointed with the ending of the books.
11. Favorite beverage? Mountain Dew - it's a tough habit to kick! If we're talking alcoholic beverages I would say Cherry Dr. + Mountain Dew, aka Dr. Dew.
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. Favorite food?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. Favorite hobby?
4. What is one book that you would recommend someone to read right now?
5. Right or left handed?
6. Favorite place?
7. One place you would like to visit in your lifetime?
8. Biggest pet peeve?
9. Favorite month and why?
10. Current favorite movie?
11. Current favorite song?
Now, I nominate:
Lex @ Life by Lexis
Becca @ I Heart Eggs
Hollie @ Fueled by Lolz
Claire @ Navigating North
Nikki @ Antos Does Life
Tessa @ Amazing Asset
Alyssa @ Life of Blyss
Amy @ Life as a Lazy Girl
Rather than forcing another 3 nominees out I'm just going to stop at 8. I would rather have 8 good ones than 8 good ones and 3 not so good ones (because I don't follow their blogs regularly).